Pages

Search the Blog

04 November, 2015

Hotel Sambar

Contributor: Visa Puvvada
hotel sambhar for idli/dosa or for rice? Idli/dosa ki i do a different sambhar...mukkalu veykunda chesta and sambhar powder apatiki appudu fry chesi grind chesta.

For rice ayithey this is how I do...long but the only way my husband likes it.
Pappu boil cheskunta. I blend this pappu with tomatoes. Cooker lo again ee pappu tomato paste, onions, veggies, sambhar powder( i use ambica or mtr), coriander powder, tamarind juice, papusu, green chillies and a lil bellam. Exact oka whistle raanista.
Poppu lo avalu, jeera, curry leaves, red chilly, crushed pepper, grated coconut, a spoon of sambhar powder, mentulu podi and kothimeer...i also add ghee in the tadka. Ee poppu esi oka uduku raaninchi I turn off the flame. Add some more kothimeer.
Hotel sambhar atleast TN vepu coconut vuntadi...my mom told me to pulse sambhar powder n coconut n add but nenu ila vesesta...

No comments: