1. Contributor: Anupama Juturu
I got this recipe for different communiy for palak chicken
Ingredients:
Chicken leg pieces or drumsticks - 1/2 kg
Spinach (palak) - 1 bunch ( cleaned and cut)
Onions - 2 (sliced)
Tomatoes - 3 (chopped into small cubes)
Ginger - 1 big piece (julienned)
Garlic - 5-6 cloves (crushed)
Cinnamon - 1 medium sized stick
Cloves - 2
Star anise - 2
Nutmeg - 1/4 teaspoon (powdered)
Curry leaves - a handful
mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Chillie powder - to taste
Coriander powder - 1 dessert spoon
turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Procedure:
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pressure pan.
2. Add and crackle the mustard seeds.
3. Add the cinnamon, cloves, star anise and nutmeg.
4. Saute lightly , add ginger and garlic. Saute till golden brown.
5. Add the sliced onions, green chillies and curry leaves. once brown add the tomatoes.
6. When the tomatoes are cooked well add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add chillie powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
8. Add the chicken and cook on slow flame with the lid on.
9. Stir inbetween and cook till chicken is done. Add salt to taste.
2. Contributor: ܧhå
Maamulu chicken kura laaga nee, but at the end, when chicken is almost cooked, I add chopped spinach. about 1 1/2 lbs. chicken 6oz spinach saripotundhi.
Also, I made it couple of time and both times I used little bit of yogurt.
may be I will give you a quick recipe. I like to marinate meat, so I marinate chicken (I get whole chicken and cut it into pieces) with about 1/4 cup yogurt, chili powder and salt. At least 30 minutes anna marinate chesta.
Oil vesi, saute onion, then add ginger garlic paste and saute.. coriander powder, little bit of chili powder, garam masala, salt, turmeric, and mix well.. then add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes. Then add chicken and cook until almost done. Then add spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes until spinach is cooked. Remove the cover and cook until all the juices are evaporated. Koncham dry kaavalantee, fry it a little long.
Kontamandi spinach ni blanch chesi, puree chesi vastaaru and that will be all green. maa intli appetizing color lekapothe, evaru tinaru, even if it tastes great. Andukane, I add chopped spinach.
HTH
No comments:
Post a Comment